I was reading a post on the Make and Takes blog about this Hot Potato Salad on French Knots blog. I think I will try it for the MOM picnic coming up June 27th. Maybe even Bart would eat it.
Recipe copied straight from French Knots, so yes, I am plagiarizing...but why retype it? And since I am telling you where it came from and I left a comment telling her I did it, maybe it makes me not so bad, right?
Hot Potato Salad:
- 5-7 medium size potatoes ~ chopped and cooked
- 8-10 links of sausage or slices of bacon ~ cooked
- 4 green onions diced ~ green and white parts
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dry mix
- 2 tablespoons fat/grease from sausage or bacon
dice and chop green onions
combine green onions, ranch, mayonnaise, sour cream and fat
After mixing sauce add potatoes and sausage. Pour into a 9 by 13 pan and cook uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes - until dish is cooked through. Serve Immediately. This dish is also great the day after -just reheat in the microwave.
I will let you all know how it goes at the MOM picnic.
tHIS STUFF WAS GREAT! i LOVE IT.