My Online Recipe Box

Monday, June 8, 2009

Hot Potato Salad


I was reading a post on the Make and Takes blog about this Hot Potato Salad on French Knots blog. I think I will try it for the MOM picnic coming up June 27th. Maybe even Bart would eat it.

Recipe copied straight from French Knots, so yes, I am plagiarizing...but why retype it? And since I am telling you where it came from and I left a comment telling her I did it, maybe it makes me not so bad, right?

Hot Potato Salad:

  • 5-7 medium size potatoes ~ chopped and cooked
  • 8-10 links of sausage or slices of bacon ~ cooked

Sauce:

  • 4 green onions diced ~ green and white parts
  • 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 package hidden valley ranch dry mix
  • 2 tablespoons fat/grease from sausage or bacon
Dice and boil potatoes.
dice and chop green onions
combine green onions, ranch, mayonnaise, sour cream and fat
After mixing sauce add potatoes and sausage. Pour into a 9 by 13 pan and cook uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes - until dish is cooked through. Serve Immediately. This dish is also great the day after -just reheat in the microwave.

I will let you all know how it goes at the MOM picnic.
tHIS STUFF WAS GREAT! i LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment