My Online Recipe Box

Monday, June 15, 2009

Chocolate Chip/Peanut Butter Cookies (from K.J.)

This recipe is great. They are fast to make, no planning is needed (you can throw frozen butter in and melt it in the microwave!), and delicious.

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup melted butter or margarine
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 bag of chocolate chips (or a little less, but not a little more)

Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl that is big enough to hold all the ingredients (no need for extra dishes)
Add sugars and stir by hand. I don't know why, but the recipe from Kasey says a mixer will make the cookies not come out right. I liked her cookies...I was not playing around with the recipe.
Add eggs through soda, stir well to blend in peanut butter.
Add flour, stir well. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonfuls (I love my cookie scoop from Pampered Chef) onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment