We has this for Christmas. It was really good. I used choc. instead of peppermint b/c I am not a peppermint fan...that meant it just tasted like a choc. swirl cheesecake. If I make it again (the cheesecake had a good flavor and was easy to make) I will use a caramel kiss or something.
Found this recipe today and I can't wait to try it.
However, I will substitute the candy cane kisses with either cherry ones, chocolate ones, or caramel ones...
Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake
Ingredients for Cookie Crumb Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 cookies) – This is a great place to get kids involved. Put the cookies into a large zip top bag and let the whack it or smoosh it or roll over it with a rolling pin. They’ll love it.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Ingredients for Candy Swirl Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 42 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses (that’s a whole 8 ounce bag, give or take a couple of Kisses)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Sweetened whipped cream
Instructions for Cookie Crumb Crust:
- Heat oven to 350.
- Stir together cookie crumbs and sugar. Blend in melted butter.
- Press crust mixture into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 8 minutes; cool.
Instructions for Candy Swirl Cheesecake:
- It’s important that you don’t overbeat the cheesecake batter. If you do, it will raise too much in the oven and then become totally hideous when it falls. It will still taste good, certainly, but it will be much less impressive to serve.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, completely incorporating each before adding another.
- Set aside 1/4 cup butter; pour remaining batter into crust.
- Unwrap Kisses. Place 30 candies and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for one minute, stir. If necessary, microwave in 15 second increments at 50% power until candies are melted and mixture is well blended when stirred.
- Gradually blend reserved cheesecake batter with melted candies. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls on top of plain cheesecake batter in crust. Gently swirl with knife for a marbled effect.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. Separate pan from edges using a scraper or knife, but allow cheesecake to rest in pan until completely cool.
- When cheesecake is cool, remove sides of pan. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Garnish with whipped cream and remaining Kisses.
- Refrigerate leftovers.